The 6th Rajputana Rifles were an infantry regiment of the British Indian Army. They were formed in 1922, after the Indian government reformed the army. They moved away from single battalion regiments to multi battalion regiments. The regiment served in World War II and in 1947 was allocated to the new Indian Army after independence as the Rajputana Rifles.
During World War II the regiment was expanded to thirteen battalions and served in the Middle East, Burma and Malaya.