Abbottabad Public School
, or APS
or Railway Public School
, is a public
, all boys, boarding
school for 7th to 12th grade students, located in Abbottabad
. APS follows the philosophy of the British
boarding schools where academic rigour is balanced with a disciplined boarding life with activities ranging from intramural sports to debating and cultural events.
In 1957, Pakistan Railways opened up a school outside Abbottabad on land donated by Sardar Bahadur Khan, brother of Field Marshal Ayub Khan who became the President of Pakistan. The school was called Railway Public School. After two years it was closed and then after a gap of one year, in April 1961, the school was renamed as Abbottabad Public School.
In 1986, Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq
, the then President, re-named the institution as Abbottabad Public School and College
. Later on, the school Board of Governors, in its meeting on July 20, 2002, deleted the words “and College”
and give the institution its original name Abbottabad Public School
. It is popularly known as APS and its alumni as .
The founding, and the longest serving, Principal is Mr. M.A. Rahman.ial behavior.
The main campus is 10 km outside Abbottabad on the road (Mansehra Road) that eventually becomes Karakoram Highway
. It covers an area of about . The school is surrounded by deep natural crevices in almost a U-shape. The only non-crevice side faces a high mountain. The Karakoram Highway... Read More