He was educated at Beaumont College, Old Windsor, as was his brother Giles, and designed the large war memorial still in the grounds of the college.
Scott embraced gothic and modernist designs, and he travelled to Canada in the course of his work. He started work on an altar at Saint Augustine Church in 1938; as of 2006, it is unfinished. He is also remembered for his design of the tower at The Holy Name Church Manchester.
He was also responsible for the design of SS Mary and Joseph Roman Catholic Church in the early 1950s, a major building in the post-war Lansbury Estate in Poplar, East London. Before that he designed the school chaple at Mount St Mary's College in Spinkhill, South Yorkshire which was completed in 1924.