is a suburb
, South Australia
. It is located in the City of Charles Sturt
Named for Prince Albert
, Albert park was laid out in 1877 by a W.R. Cave. The suburb was advertised as:The Aerodrome
Post Office opened on 19 August 1925. It was renamed Aero Park
in 1945 and Albert Park
in 1967, before closing in 1987.
The suburb lies on the western side of the Port Road
-West Lakes Boulevard
The 2006 Census by the Australian Bureau of Statistics
counted 1,638 persons in Albert Park on census night. Of these, 48% were male and 52% were female.
The majority of residents (72.8%) are of Australian birth, with other common census responses being Italy
(4.0%) and England
The age distribution of Albert Park residents is skewed slightly higher than the greater Australian population. 71.5% of residents were over 25 years in 2006, compared to the Australian average of 66.5%; and 28.5% were younger than 25 years, compared to the Australian average of 33.5%.
Albert Park is part of West Woodville Ward in the City of Charles Sturt local government area
, being represented in that council by Tolley Wasylenko and Angela Keneally.
State and federal
Albert Park lies in the state......