Ali Akbar Moradi
عه لی ئه کبیر مۆرادی), born 1957 is a well known Iranian Kurdish musician
and composer. He was born in the Iranian city
. He started music at a very early age, and learned the Kurdish maqam
repertoire and tanbur
) under the supervision of Kurdish masters such as Mirza Sayyed Ali Kafashyan, Kaki Allah Morad Hamidi and Sayyed Vali Hosseyni. He gave his first recital
in 1971 in Kermanshah. In 1981, he began collaborating with the Kurdish singer Shahram Nazeri
, and performed throughout Europe and North America. He is an expert on the tanbur instrument, which is considered sacred in Kurdish sufi
music. He has performed music in New York
, San Francisco
. On September 30, 2006, he gives a special program as part of Voices of Kurdistan
in San Francisco World Music Festival,he has been appointed as one of fifty of the best musicians around the globe by a British
- Fire of Passion, Kurdish Tanbur Music of Iran, 1999.
- Kurdaneh, 2001.
- Whisper, 2001.
- Kurdish Music from Iran, 2002.
- In The Mirror Of The Sky, with Kayhan Kalhor, 2004 .
- San Francisco World Music Festival, 2006.
- Rhythm Sticks Festival, London, 2004
- Broadway Theater, New York, 2004.
- UC Irvine, California, 2004,
- Queen Elizabeth Hall, London, 2000.
- , World Village Music.
- , LA Concert Feb. 2008 - Parstimes.com
- , San Francisco World Music Festival, 2006.