The Alloa Swing Bridge was a railway bridge that stretched across the River Forth in Scotland. It connected Throsk and Alloa. It was built in 1885 as part of the Alloa Railway. The swing bridge was used for passenger and freight services for around 100 years. Twice in the early 1900s, the bridge was closed after storm damage, being reopened afterwards. The Bridge was closed to passenger services in 1968 and to freight shortly afterwards in 1970. The bridge was demolished in 1971 after the remaining connecting lines were dismantled. The book LOSTLINES SCOTLAND, contains photographs of the above bridge, including Rail Bus to Grangemouth.Engineering Drawings under construction.