is a former municipality
. It became part of Halikko
in 1967. It was located on partly on the continent by the Halikonlahti Bay and partly on Kimito Island
and is still nowadays the only part of the island where Finnish
is the primary language. Today the population of the area is 398, but it rises during the summer because of the summer cottages
The center of the municipality was Kokkila, which lies on the continent. There is a cable ferry
which connects Kokkila to the Kimito Island. Other isles of Angelniemi are Angelansaari, Kokkilansaari, Pikkusaari and Karhusaari.
Angelniemi congregation was established 1657 as a chapel of Halikko. Angelniemi became independent 1916 and it reached its high in 1957 at 1,217 people. In 1967 Angelniemi was merged back to Halikko.
Ahtmaa, Angela, Asila, Esselpää, Isokylä, Kanamäki, Karviainen, Kokkila, Myllyperä, Paatelmaa, Peksala, Päärnäspää, Pöylä, Sapalahti, Tammenpää, Toppjoki, Torkkila, Tuiskula, Valttila