() is a district of Tainan City
. The history of Anping dates back to the 17th century, when Dutch East India Company
/Tayouan/Tayowan (Chinese characters: 大灣/台員/大員/台圓/大圓/台窩灣, referring to the Sirayan
origin of the modern name Taiwan
). In the period of the Japanese occupation
, the history of trade between China and Japan unfolded at Anping.
Anping was originally a small island separated from the mainland of Tainan until the 19th century. Due to the ocean current, the small lagoon between Anping island and Tainan was silted up and gradually disappeared, and Anping became a part of Tainan.
<gallery widths="250px" heights="250px">Image:Tainan_Anping_night_market.jpg|Night market in AnpingImage:安平開臺天后宮.jpg|Tianhou temple in AnpingImage:Koxinga at Anping.JPG|Statue of Koxinga at Anping FortImage:Anping Port.JPG|Anping PortImage:Yuguang bridge inauguration.JPG|Yuguang BridgeImage:Taijiang National Park from Anping.JPG|Yanshuei River and Taijiang National Park</gallery>
When the Dutch occupied Tayoan, they built up the first castle in Taiwan called Fort Zeelandia. At that time, it was the heartbeat of politics and trade in Taiwan. Over the years, Fort Zeelandia had several name changes and is currently known as Anping Castle
Eternal Golden Castle or Uhrkuenni Battery was built in 1874... Read More