Its Arab population fled upon the village's capture.
The settlement of Sde Eliyahu, established in 1939, is east of the village site on village land. The Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, described the village remains in 1992: "No traces are left of the village. The whole village site is planted in wheat. The archaeological site, Tall al-Ru'yan, has been transformed into a garbage dump."