Arapahoe High School
is a public high school in Centennial
, United States
. Located in a suburb of Denver
, it is the flagship of the Littleton Public Schools District as the largest of three high schools with an enrollment of 2,229 students. The high school has two gyms, a weight room, a library, kitchen, a 647-seat theater, 70 classrooms, a pool, tennis courts, baseball, football, and soccer fields, and a track.
Arapahoe's mascot is a warrior
, and the school colors are black and gold. The school is known for its affiliation with the Arapaho tribe
of Wind River
. Arapahoe consistently places "Excellent" on Colorado's statewide school accountability report, the only Littleton Public Schools high school to do so.
Arapahoe High School was built in 1964. Several additions have been made since that time:
- 1965: A gymnasium, built by Morse, Dion & Champion, architects and Hollister, general contractor
- 1967: An addition of a pool, classrooms and theater, built by Morse, Dion & Champion, architects and Webco, general contractor.
- 1979: An addition of locker rooms, wrestling facilities and a gymnastics gym, built by Allred/Fisher, architects and Frank Hall & Co., construction management.
- 1987: An addition of administration and counseling space, by Culbertson & Associates, who served as designer and general contractor.
- 1997: The school's aging interior library was replaced with classrooms, and a new......