Austar

Austar

Company
Company Less

Austar

to get instant updates about 'Austar' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
Austar is an Australian telecommunications company. Its main business activity is Subscription Television but it is also involved with internet access and mobile phones. It was founded in 1994 under the name Community Entertainment Television (CETV).

AUSTAR's television subscriber base has grown to 747,148 (at 30 June 2010), the largest subscription television operator in regional and rural Australia. AUSTAR provides, of subscription television services in a service area of approximately 2.4m homes, one-third of Australia's total homes, primarily using digital satellite technology. AUSTAR also operates a digital cable network in Darwin

It is owned by Austar United Communications Limited (). 54% of Austar United is owned by Liberty Global, through United Austar Partners. The remaining 46% is owned by public shareholders

Austar also owns 50% of XYZnetworks, a pay television program provider, a 50-50 joint venture between Foxtel and Austar.

Subscription television (Austar Television / Austar Digital)



AUSTAR's main business is subscription television, serving customers outside of the major metro areas. It takes programming from both Foxtel...
Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Company
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from