On 1 January 1860, the city of Paris was enlarged by annexing neighboring communes. On that occasion, a small part of the commune of Bagnolet was annexed to the city of Paris. At the same time, the commune of Charonne was disbanded and divided between the city of Paris, Bagnolet, and Montreuil. Bagnolet received a small part of the territory of Charonne.
On 24 July 1867, a part of the territory of Bagnolet was detached and merged with a part of the territory of Romainville and a part of the territory of Pantin to create the commune of Les Lilas.