Baldwin Boys' High School
) founded in 1880, is one of the oldest schools in Bangalore
"Integretas et Veritas", meaning Righteousness and Truth, are the watchwords of the institution. The school motto is "Reverentia Jehovae est Caput Sapientiae" - "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" ()
The school had several heritage buildings on its campus many of which have made way for modern concrete structures with improved facilities.
The Pfeiffer Memorial Playground is used for football, hockey and cricket tournaments. The Weston Swimming Pool is attached to it. The school has a small field for basketball and roller-skating.
The school has an enrollment of about 6,000 students.
It offers classes up to the 10th standard (grade) under the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Baldwin Boys' High School was established in 1880, by a grant of money from John Baldwin
, and was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church. The school was also known as the Episcopal Methodist School and initially accepted boys and girls. In the late 1920s the school was managed by a Board of Governors, of which the Resident Bishop of the Bangalore Area, the then Bishop B.T. Badley, D.D. was Chairman.
The institution receives Government Grant-in-Aid and is annually inspected and reported on by the Government Inspector of Schools. It prepares pupils for the Government and Cambridge Local... Read More