<!-- Infobox ends -->Beaver Bank
is a community northeast of Lower Sackville
on the Beaver Bank Road (Route 354
) within the Halifax Regional Municipality
, Nova Scotia
. It is about 35 kilometres from the City of Halifax
. Beaver Bank has an estimated population (as of 2010) of 19,967.
The community of Beaver Bank dates back to 1776 when Loyalists
John Henry Barnstead (1764–1861) and his mother, Mary Brown Parcel Barnstead, arrived there. After the War of 1812
George and John Barrett, shopkeepers from Blackthorn, Oxford, England
. In 1816, the Fultz family were granted a thousand acres
(4 km²) of land. A museum bears their name in nearby Lower Sackville.
Other notable, long standing families of this area include;Lively , descendants of Reuben Lively ( 1756-1826) member of the 96th District, American Loyalist from South Carolina, Granted 500 acres in the Rawdon Township after the American Revolutionary War in 1784.Shunamon ( Schöenmann) Descendants of Carl Ludwig Schöenmann ( 1740-1820) of Eisfeld, Germany. Former Hessian soldier in the American Revolutionary War, First arrived in Beaver Bank prior to or during the year 1813.Also among the oldest family names are; Langille, Gilby, Peters, Woods & Nicholson.
Beaver Bank Station
When the Canadian Railway reached Sackville in the mid-1850s under direction of Joseph Howe
, the first Chief Commissioner of the Nova Scotia Railway Company, the next step was to construct a station... Read More