() is a town
in Amur Oblast
, located on the Tom River
, a tributary of the Zeya
. Population: 67,400 (2005 est.); 53,000 (1969); 34,000 (1939).
The village (selo
) of Alexandrovskoye
() was founded in 1860 by the settlers from the European part of Russia. In 1893, a village (selo
) of Bochkarevka
() was built nearby. The villages grew with the construction of a station on the Trans-Siberian Railway
in 1913, and by 1923 Alexandrovskoye and Bochkarevka merged and were transformed into the town of Alexandrovsk
(). Town statys was granted in 1926. In 1931, it was renamed Krasnopartizansk
(), then, in 1936, it was renamed Kuybyshevka Vostochnaya
(), and in 1957 it was finally given its present name.
Belogorsk is a center for food production, as well as construction products.
The town is home to important military elements of the Far Eastern Military District
, specifically the headquarters of the 35th Army
and the 21st Guards Motor Rifle Division
Belogorsk, Amur OblastBelogorsk, Amur Oblast Read More