The Bendigo Advertiser
(commonly referred to as The Addy
) is the daily (Monday-Saturday) newspaper for Bendigo
and is published by Rural Press Limited
First published in 1853, the Bendigo Advertiser has undergone many changes since its inception, including a move to tabloid
form and a change in name from 'The Bendigo Advertiser' to just 'The Advertiser.' As of 3 April 2010, the paper is once again known as the Bendigo Advertiser.
Currently, the Bendigo Advertiser employs about 6.0 staff, across all functions.
Sections in The Advertiser:
- Monday: Schools in Profile
- Tuesday: Loop (Youth issues- written, designed and edited entirely by young people. Produced in partnership with Lead On) and Focus on Education
- Wednesday: Uni News (University news from La Trobe University's Bendigo Campus) and Country
- Thursday: View (Arts), Kooka (Kids) and Community Focus
- Friday: TV Guide and Footy Focus
- Saturday: Domain, More Weekend, AutoGuide and JobsGuide.
The Bendigo Advertiser's sister paper, the Bendigo Miner, is delivered free to most homes in Bendigo on Thursdays and is "old-news" orientated. The printing of the paper is now done in Ballarat, along with The Courier, The Wimmera Mail Times and other Fairfax Media publications.
The Bendigo Advertiser's parent company, Rural Press Limited
, was taken over by Fairfax Media