Benny Ibarra De Llano
(born September 8, 1970 in Mexico City
) is a singer, musician, producer and actor. He was born into a family of artists. His mother, Julissa, was a singer and actress in the 1960s; and his father, Benny, an actor and 1960s rock singer in the Mexican band Los Yaki
Benny Ibarra (Jr.)'s brother, Alejandro (Alex), was a singer and actor. He started his music career in the pop band Timbiriche
(1981), and began working as a solo artist in 1992.
As part of Timbiriche, he recorded 7 albums. He also starred in Vaselina
(Grease). Between 1985 and 1989 he studied jazz, guitar, classical music, and composition at the Walnut Hill School
. By 1990 he had made 5 albums with Timbiriche
and with his brother, Alex. In 1998, Timbiriche reunited to tour Mexico and Central America, and in 1999 released a live album El Concierto
. Ibarra recorded the album Mar Adentro en la Sangre
-based progressive rock
band Santa Sabina
the same year.
- 1992 Hablame Como La Lluvia
- The first album includes the singles Dame un Poco de tu Amor and Tonto Corazón.
- 1994 El Tiempo
- The second album went platinum and included the hits Sin Tí, Cielo and Mía.
- 1996 Om
- On this third album, Benny wrote more songs about himself, but it was not the commercial success of its predecessor. The singles were Cada Mañana, Mas de Tí and Sutil Dolor.
- 2001 Todo O Nada
- After a five year absence, this album featured collaborations with......