is a municipality
in the district of Sursee
in the canton
. On 1 January 2009 Gunzwil
became part of Beromünster.
Beromünster is first mentioned in 1223 as villa Beronensis
. In 1333 it was mentioned as Münster in Ergöwe
. Until 1934 it was known simply as Münster (LU).
Beromünster has an area of . Of this area, 64.7% is used for agricultural purposes, while 21.1% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 14.1% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.2%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
The municipality is located in the upper Wynental
. It consists of two separate settlements, Flecken
in a depression
and the church owned village of Beromünster on the western side of a hill. Flecken
consists of three rows of houses, built following a fire in 1764, along the main and parallel side road. Since 1 January 2009 it has also included the municipality of... Read More