is a small village situated in Rajapur Taluka, Ratnagiri district
. Its population totals less than 1000. Situated 8 kilometres northwest of Rajapur
, it is well connected to it and to Ratnagiri
It is a lush, picturesque village that boasts ample bettlenut
, jackfruit, coconut
Its religious centers are dedicated to the Lord Lakshmikant, and Lord Shiva
. There is also a holy temple dedicated to the maiden goddess Shree Aaryadurga approximately 3 kilometres from Bhoo. There is a dharamshala
(religious rest house) at Aaryadurga. Loknanatya Dashavtar
(a folkdrama) is produced by local artists every year.
- Languages spoken: Marathi and Hindi, and some English
- Climate: to .
- Best season for visiting: September to February.
Acharya Narendra Deo Vidya Mandir is the high school
situated in Bhoo. The school has about 400 students every year and is affiliated with Sane Guruji Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Janashi. The school is in the Kolhapur Divisional Board for SSC
examinations. Many students pursue further education in nearby towns such as Rajapur
or in Mumbai
- ST Buses from Rajapur service the neighbouring villages such as Pendkhale, Satavli (Dasur), Devihasol, and Kotapur and Bhalavli.
- Nearest rail station: Rajapur Road, approximately 30 kilometres.
- Nearest airport: Ratnagiri