is a large, internationally active construction and services company based in Mannheim
Bilfinger Berger dates back to 1880 when August Bernatz founded an engineering business which became known, from 1886 as Bernatz & Grün and, from 1892, as Grün & Bilfinger.
In 1970 Grün & Bilfinger acquired a majority stake in Julius Berger-Bauboag AG, itself a merger of two companies, Julius Berger Tiefbau AG and Berlinische Boden-Gesellschaft AG, both founded in 1890. The combined business, fully integrated in 1975, took the name Bilfinger & Berger Bauaktiengesellschaft.
In 2001 the business changed its name to Bilfinger Berger AG.In October 2009 the Company acquired MCE Beteiligungsverwaltungs GmbH, a business based in Linz
focused on the design, construction and maintenance of facilities in the process industry and the energy sector.
In November 2009 the BBAG announced that it is considering floating Bilfinger Berger Australia on the Australian Securities Exchange
via an initial public offering
(IPO). The prospectus for the IPO for the new Australian entity (named Valemus
) was issued in June 2010 and the company is expected to be listed on the ASE in July.
In recent years Bilfinger Berger has shifted the... Read More