The Boomerang Soundtrack
is the official soundtrack
to the 1992 film Boomerang
. The album was released June 30, 1992 on LaFace Records
The soundtrack peaked at four on the Billboard 200
chart in 1992. By April of 1995, it was certified triple platinum in sales by the RIAA
, after sales exceeding 3,000,000 copies in the United States.
Release and reception
The album peaked at four on the U.S. Billboard 200
and reached the top spot on the R&B Albums
Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic
said in his review that the soundtrack was "actually better than the film itself," and stated that "most of the album is first-rate contemporary urban soul, hip-hop, and new jack swing."
"—" denotes releases that did not chart.
Information taken from Allmusic
- bass – Kayo, Debra Killings
- composing – Jonathan Davis, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Malik Taylor
- coordination – Constance Armstrong, Sharliss Ashbury
- drums – L.A. Reid
- executive production – L.A. Reid
- keyboards – Babyface, Bo Watson
- mastering – Chris Gehringer
- music supervision – Bill Stephney
- percussion – L.A. Reid
- performer(s) – Babyface, Boyz......