Caernarvon railway station once served the town that is nowadays spelled as Caernarfon, Gwynedd, Wales. It was located on the site of the current Morrisons store. It was closed to passenger traffic on 5 January 1970, along with the branch from Menai Bridge (near Bangor). Following a fire damaging the railway bridge over the Menai Strait the branch and goods yard was temporarily reopened for freight traffic from 23rd May 1970 to 30th January 1972. Following closure all the track was removed and the station was completely demolished.
When opened on 1 July 1852 (named "Carnarvon") it was the terminus of the Bangor and Carnarvon Railway and later an end-on junction with the Carnarvonshire Railway and the Carnarvon and Llanberis Railway. All three companies were operated by and absorbed into the London and North Western Railway by 1871. The route of the line southwards passed through a tunnel under central Caernarfon that was converted in 1995 for road traffic. The junction for Llanberis was on the outskirts of Caernarfon. The station was renamed "Caernarvon" on 27 March 1926, but never adopted the Welsh spelling "Caernarfon" that is preferred today.