is a township
in Vermilion County
. As of the 2000 census
, its population was 3,153.
Catlin Township was created in 1858.
Catlin Township covers an area of ; of this, or 0.67 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Clear Pond, Deep Pond, Hidden Pond, High Pond, Long Pond, Peelman Pond, Rice Lake, Skyline Lake and Woodland Lake.
Cities and towns
The township contains fourteen cemeteries: Allhands, Cox, Dougherty, God's Acre, Hickman, Jones Grove, Kight's, Mount Vernon, New Atherton, Oak Ridge, Pate, Songer, Spicer Family Plot and Wright Family.
Airports and landing strips
- Catlin Community Unit School District 5
- Danville Community Consolidated School District 118
- Georgetown-Ridge Farm Consolidated Unit School District 4
- Jamaica Community Unit School District 12
- Oakwood Community Unit School District 76
- Westville Community Unit School District 2