Charles Rudolph Walgreen Jr. (March 4, 1906 – February 10, 2007) was born in Chicago, Illinois to Charles Rudolph Walgreen, the founder of the Walgreen drug store, and Myrtle Norton Walgreen. Charles took over the company after the death of his father in 1939. He was the president of Walgreens from 1939 until 1963 and the Chairman of the Board from 1963 until 1976.
Charles R. Walgreen Jr. started out as a buyer for the company. As head of the company he increased the profit and size of the drug store, encouraged new lines of products to be sold and changed the format from counter service to self service. He relinquished his role in company in 1969 to his son Charles R. Walgreen III.
He was a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity. He died in 2007 at age 100. Shortly before his death, Charles Rudolph Walgreen, Jr. donated ten million dollars to the University of Michigan and that gift proved to be instrumental in the building of the Walgreen Drama Center located on the University of Michigan's North Campus in Ann Arbor, MI.