The building extended to Lake Michigan. The building resembled the Hyde Park Hotel and probably shared architects.During World War II it was commandeered by the military and served as Gardiner General Hospital. After the war the building served as the 5th Army Headquarters. It was demolished following the war. Now, the Regents Parkapartments are located on the property.
A second, unrelated Chicago Beach Hotel, built in 1929, still stands a block away at 5100-5110 South Cornell Avenue. Currently used as an apartment building, it was added to the National Register...... Read More