<!-- See WikiProject Indian cities
for details -->Choudwar
is a city and a municipality
in Cuttack district
in the state of Orissa
is located on the banks of the river Mahanadi
, on National Highway
42. Choudwar has the unique distinction of being an industrially significant zone in Orissa
state. The principal language spoken here is Oriya
. The STD Code of Choudwar is 0671, same as that of Cuttack
, while the postal pincode is 754025/ 71 / 72
Choudwar once served as the capital for the Somakuli Keshari
Kings of Orissa. Eight prominent Siva pithas
were established by the Keshari
dynasty in the vicinity of Choudwar, which are now in ruins. Tradition holds that it was the capital for Virat, the brother-in-law of Kichaka. Additionally, the five Pandava
brothers, with their consort Draupadi
, took shelter in Choudwar in their secret exile.
There are several schools which have been educating students according to the guidelines of the government of Orissa:
- Affiliated with Board of Secondary Education, Government of Orissa
- Municipal High School is an oriya Medium School
- Nigamananda Bidyapitha, named after Swami Nigamananda, is an Oriya Medium School.
- Gopabandhu High School is an Oriya Medium School.
- Kalinga public school is an English Medium School.
- Kalinga Vidyapitha is an Oriya Medium School
- OTM HIgh School is an Oriya medium School
- Charbatia UGME and High School is an Oriya medium School
- Affiliated with CBSE, New......