<!-- Deleted image removed: -->The Chrysler Saratoga
was a full-sized automobile produced by the Chrysler Division
of the Chrysler Corporation
. Chrysler first used the Saratoga nameplate on its 1939 models and continued to use the name through to 1952. The name was used again by Chrysler from 1957 until 1960 when it retired the product name from the US market. The Saratoga name, though, continued for the Canadian market through to 1965 replacing the Sport 300 moniker. The name reappeared again in 1989 for the European version of the Dodge Spirit
The Saratoga nameplate first appeared in 1939 and was applied to Chrysler's most expensive full-size eight-cylinder
models, above that of the Imperial
and the New Yorker
. It was available as a four-door sedan and the Hayes-bodied club coupe. Sedan prices for the 1939 C23 eight-cylinder sedans were Imperial US$1,198, New Yorker US$1,298 and Saratoga US$1,443. Full wheel covers were standard on the Saratoga.
In 1940, Chrysler assigned the Saratoga to its Series C26 eight-cylinder models, along with the Traveler
, which replaced the Imperial, and New Yorker models. For 1940, the car was available only as a four-door sedan, and in two interior configurations, standard and sport formal. The latter had a glass partition behind the front seat which could be lowered. Fluid Drive was offered for the first time, mated to a three-speed manual transmission.
In 1941, the Saratoga was assigned to Chrysler's Series C30 and... Read More