The Convent of Jesus and Mary
, often known by the acronym CJM
, is a girls' day school in Delhi
. Established in 1919, it is one of a network of Convents of Jesus and Mary
in India, Pakistan, and the UK.
The school was founded in 1919 by the order of the Religieuses of Jesus and Mary
, a Roman Catholic
, at Lyon, France, in October, 1818, by Claudine Thévenet (Mary of St. Ignatius
). It moved to its current building behind the Sacred Heart Cathedral in 1926.
It has 2,000 students and is the alma mater
of a number of eminent women in or from India. Situated near the Gol Dak Khana (Round Post Office), its grounds border the St. Columba's School
(for boys). As a result, these are considered "sister and brother schools" and many students have siblings in the other school. Saint Claudine Thevenet was the foundress. The school celebrates her feast day on 3 February. Saint Dina Belanger started the congregation.
Annual events such as Prize day, Kaleidoscope, sports day etc. are sponsored by the OSA . There are also quiz competitions and magic shows. Festivals like Independence Day and Diwali are celebrated.
The school's motto is , which is Latin
for "Praised be forever Jesus and Mary".