was an English football
club based in Dagenham
. Established in 1949, the club played at Victoria Road
from 1955 until its merger with Redbridge Forest
in 1992 to form Dagenham & Redbridge
Established in 1949, the club were founder members of the Metropolitan & District League
in the 1949-50 season, finishing as runners-up after losing the title on goal average. They won the title the following season before becoming founder members of the Delphian League
for the 1951–52 season, finishing as runners-up in the inaugural season. In 1952–53 they won the title. This was followed by two consecutive second-place finishes, before back-to-back titles were won in 1955–56 and 1956–57.
In 1957 the club switched to the Corinthian League
, winning the title in their second season in the league. In 1963 they joined the Premier Division of the Athenian League
. In both 1969–70 and 1970–71 they reached the final of the FA Amateur Cup
, but lost on both occasions, although they did win the league in the latter season.
In 1973 the club became founder members of the new Division Two of the Isthmian League
, which they won at the first attempt
, earning promotion to Division One. In 1976–77
they reached the final of the FA Trophy
, but lost 1–0 to Scarborough
. Three years later
they reached the final again, this time defeating Mossley
In 1981 the club were admitted to the......