Darlington Railway Athletic F.C.
is a football club based in Darlington
. In 1992 the club hit financial trouble and folded, but was reformed by Martyn Jackson in 1993.
They first joined the Northern League
in 1919, leaving in 1925. The club won the Wearside Football League
in 2005 which earned them promotion back to the Northern League, where in their first season they won another promotion to reach the Northern League Division One. However, they were relegated straight back down again, and currently are once again in Northern League Division Two.
- Record Home Win 11-1 v Glaxo, 6 January 2001 and 11-1 v Ferryhill Athletic, 2 April 2005
- Record Away Win 11-1 v Byers Green 20 November 1999 and 11-1 v Wearhead United 28 October 2000
- Record Home Defeat 1-7 v Whitehaven 23rd January 2010
- Record Away Defeat 1-8 v Northallerton Town 28 August 2006
- Most Appearances (since 1998) Martin Brown 291
- Top Goalscorer (since 1998) Graham Dodsworth 102
- Most Goals in a Season Paul Freary, 24, 2005-06
- Record Attendance 335 V Newton Aycliffe FC, Northern League Division 2, 22 October 2010
Durham Amateur Cup Winners 1975
Wearside League Winners 2005
Wearside League Cup Winners 2003
Sunderland Shipowners Cup Winners 2005
Auckland & District League Winners 2001
Darlington & District League Winners 1933,1964,1968,1999
Darlington & District League Cup Winners 1951, 1968
North Riding Cup Winners 1970
Northern Echo Local Heroes Team Of The... Read More