Denis Island is the second northeasternmost Island in the Seychelles. It is 60 miles north of Mahé and lies at the northern edge of the Seychelles bank, along with the nearby Bird Island, which is the northernmost Seychelles island. The 1.31 km² coralisland was named after the French explorer Denis de Trobriand, who visited it in 1773. Denis Island has a private holiday resort with 25 guest chalets.
A lighthouse built in 1910 still stands on the northern edge of the island. There is also a chapel named Chapel St. Denis.