Department of Planned Languages and Esperanto Museum
The Esperanto Museum (German: Esperantomuseum; Esperanto, Esperantomuzeo) in Vienna, Austria was founded in 1927 by Hofrat Hugo Steiner and was incorporated into the Austrian National Library as an independent collection in 1928. Today it is at the same time museum, library, documentation centre and archive. It accommodates the biggest collection of artificial languages in the world and a linguistic research library for language planning. Since 2005, the Department of Planned Languages and Esperanto Museum (German: Sammlung für Plansprachen und Esperantomuseum; Esperanto, Kolekto por Planlingvoj kaj Esperantomuzeo) has been located in the baroque Palais Mollard-Clary.
The holdings of the collection consist of more than 35,000 library volumes, 2,500 periodical titles, 3,000 museum objects, 2,000 autographs and manuscripts, 23.000 photographs and photographic negatives, 1,100 posters and 40,000 pamphlets. In all, approximately 500 various planned languages are documented, of which the most important are Esperanto and Interlingua.