Divine Savior Holy Angels High School
) is an all-girls Roman Catholic high school
in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
. It is in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee
and sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior
The school was formed in 1970 with the merger of Divine Savior High School and Holy Angels Academy. Divine Savior High School (DS) was established in 1926 by the Sisters of the Divine Savior as a convent
school, but opened its doors to lay
students in 1948. In 1951, DS moved to a new building near 100th Street and Capitol Drive. Holy Angels (HA) was founded in 1892 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary at 12th Street and Cedar Street (now Kilbourn Avenue) in Milwaukee.
Demographic and economic pressures in the 1960s led to a merger
of the two schools and communities in 1970. Kenneth Grover was the first lay principal of the newly-merged school. Dr. Angela T. Pienkos (DS '58) succeeded him in 1976.
Changes to the school in the past decade include construction of the Marie Esser Hansen (HA '43) Library, a computer laboratory and business computer classroom in 1996, and the Rose A. Monaghan Science Center and lecture hall in 1998. In 2003, the school was dramatically altered with the addition of the Robert and Marie Hansen Family Fine Arts Theatre, the Fridl Family Foyer, the Quad (a new cafeteria donated by Betty Quadracci), a new art suite, and new administrative areas. These physical changes were accompanied by a new strategic plan,... Read More