The private DMK Erotic Art Museum
is one of the leading private collections in this field. It is based on the collection of Roger Peyrefitte, Paris
, and founded by the German art collector D.M. Klinger, who published more than 60 volumes of bibliophile books since 1982 including approximately 15,000 illustrations on the subject. It includes 4,500 art objects, antiquities and photographs dating back to 3500 B.C. and modern, pop-culture. Until 2006, the collection was not open to the public.
The Historical Documentation of Human Sexuality
The four-volume series with easily understood includes scientific text and extensive historical pictorial depictions of the times from around 1880 to 1950. Like the American researcher of sexuality, Kinsey
, who compiled an extensive collection of erotic glimpses from around the world, all variations of sexual life are here documented.
Images of the Collection are included in the following publications:
- An Illustrated Antology of EROTICA, Little Brown Book, UK.
- The Second Illustrated Antology of EROTICA — The illustrated History of Erotica 3 vol. Carroll & Graf, New York.
- EROTISCHE KUNST vom Mittelalter bis zur Gründerzeit, Gondrom Verlag.
- EROTISCHE KUNST vom Jugendstil bis ART DECO, Gondrom Verlag.
- Serie EROTISCHE KUNST in 29 volumes, DMK Verlag.
- Libros Para Amantes, La Mascara, Spain.
- Piaceri Morbosi, Glittering Imagees, Spain.
- French Eroticism — Omega Books — UK.
- Galerie der Erotik — Archiv Verlag.