Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine (SCPM) is the college of podiatric medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Founded in 1912 by Dr. William M. Scholl along with five medical doctors, a pharmacist, a chiropodist, a chemist and a shoe fitter SCPM was originally called Illinois College of Chiropody and Orthopedics. At the time both daytime and evening sessions were offered. As with Chicago Medical School SCPM's admission policies were based on non-discrimination. Scholl College has educated about one-third of all podiatric physicians in the nation. In 2010 Nancy L. Parsley, DPM was appointed the new Dean of the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. She is the first female dean at SCPM. She succeeds Terence B. Albright, DPM who saw SCPM through its merger with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
Scholl College has always been a leader in community service. Free foot clinics were offered during the early years. This idea expanded during World War II when podiatrists across the country, many Scholl graduates, set up free foot clinics at USOs and educating the military on foot care for soldiers. In 1987 SCPM initiated a Foot Care for the Homeless program. Following that in 1988 the "Let Someone Else Fill Your Shoes" campaign started to supply shoes to the homeless. In 1990 Scholl graduate Timothy Neylon (DPM '89)and SCPM were presented the Award for Excellence by Health and Human Services... Read More