Electro-Motive Diesel

Electro-Motive Diesel

Company
Company Less

Electro-Motive Diesel

to get instant updates about 'Electro-Motive Diesel' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., also referred to as "EMD", is a wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Rail Services Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., that designs, manufactures and sells diesel-electric locomotives and diesel power engines worldwide under the Electro-Motive Diesel brand. EMD holds approximately 30 percent of the market for diesel-electric locomotives in North America, second to its only competitor, GE Transportation Systems, which holds the remaining 70 percent share of the North American market.

Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. traces its roots to the Electro-Motive Engineering Corporation, founded in 1922. In 1930, General Motors Corporation purchased the Winton Engine Co. and Winton's primary customer, Electro-Motive Company, eventually combining the two to form GM's Electro-Motive division in 1941. In 2005, GM sold the division to Greenbriar Equity Group LLC, Berkshire Partners LLC and certain related parties, which formed Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., to facilitate the purchase. On August 2, 2010, Progress Rail Services Corporation completed the purchase of Electro-Motive...
Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Company
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from