Emmaus College is a culmination of a series of changes to Catholic education in Rockhampton designed, to meet the changing needs of the city and its population growth.
St. Stanislaus College opened in 1958 on a site in Main Street, where Emmaus College now stands. The college catered for boys from Year 5 to Year 10. As the enrolment grew, the Science block was built on land adjoining Marian College in Yaamba Road. Following the building of a library on the Yaamba Road site, new classrooms were constructed and the secondary department of St. Stanislaus moved to that site in 1971. The primary department remained in Main Street.
In 1981, the primary department enrolled its last Year 5 students. The final primary classes move to the Yaamba Road site in 1983, allowing the establishment of Emmaus Senior College on the Main Street site.
Marian College for Girls was established in 1964 on the present location in Yaamba Road. After the completion of the Science block and Library, the girls... Read More