Ennore Port

Ennore Port

Port
Port Less

Ennore Port

to get instant updates about 'Ennore Port' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
Ennore Port, located on the Coromandel Coast about 24 km north of Chennai Port, Chennai, it is the 12th major port of India, and the first port in India which is a public company. The Ennore Port is the only corporatised major port and is registered as a company. The Centre holds a stake of about 68 per cent in the Ennore Port and the remaining 32 per cent is held by the Chennai Port Trust. The port has been able to attract an investment of 26,000 million by private entrepreneurs on various terminals and harbour craft. Ennore Port, designed as Asia’s energy port, has only 86 employees. Hailed as a landmark port, it is the first corporatized port in India. Envisaged being a satellite port to decongest and improve the environmental quality at the bustling Chennai Port, Ennore Port is evolving itself into a full-fledged port with the capacity to handle a wide range of products. It handled a total volume of 11.01 million tonnes in 2010-11, up by 2.86 per cent from the previous year.

History

Ennore Port was originally conceived as a satellite port to the Chennai Port, primarily to handle thermal coal to meet the requirement of Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) and was endowed with large chunks of land (about 2,000 acres). The scope was expanded taking into account subsequent developments such as the plan of Government of Tamil Nadu to set up a 1,880 mW LNG power project in association with a private...
Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Port
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from