It was founded by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda as the Kalabhavan Technical Institute in 1890.
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Metallurgical and Material Science Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Architecture
Department of Textile Engineering
Department of Pharmacy
Department of Applied Mathematics
The department of Architecture is the second oldest school of architecture in India after Sir JJ School of Architecture in Mumbai. While this department was housed in Kalabhavan along with the rest of the Departments of the Faculty of Technology, it moved to its location at Dadabhai Naoroji Hall in Pratapgunj in 2000 when the first phase of its campus was completed with financial support from the Department's alumni association.