is a former unincorporated community in Benton County, Missouri
. Fairfield and much of its surrounding township, Alexander, is now covered by water, as part of the Harry S. Truman Dam and Reservoir
. It was located about seven miles south of Warsaw
just west of Route 83
. The Fairfield Public Use Area is on the shore near the location of the former community.
One of the earliest residents of Fairfield was Judge George T. Alexander, a pioneer in Missouri since 1816, who built the town's covered bridge,
Fairfield in 1962 still had the remains of the old mill and the pillars from the old covered bridge. Fairfield had a post office with the town bar in the same building, side by side. There also was an old country church on the north end of town, and a bait shop in the center of town with a walkway to the banks of the river bank and the docks. There also was a small local country store with food, hardware and clothing, as well as a gasoline station with a repair garage.
Famous people from Fairfield
James M. Scott
, Senior Olympian, inventor