The Fantasy Sports Association
(FSA) is a trade group that was found in 2006 to advance the interests of the fantasy sports
The association is charged with promoting the fantasy sports industry; providing consulting services to its members; and strategic advice to organizations interested gaining value from fantasy sports. Like other industry trade associations, the FSA focuses on:
- increasing the economic value of the industry
- growing the number of participants, sponsors, products, and services
- conducting industry research
- operating industry conferences
- lobbying for the industry
The FSA's mission is similar to the mission of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association
, which was founded in 1999.
The association was founded in 2006 by major fantasy sports industry players including: America Online
, CBS Sports
, EA Sports
, Krause (NFFC), Fanball, World Championship of Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports Ventures, Fox Sports
Interactive Media, FS Dashboard, Head2Head, LiveHive Systems, NBA
Sports Digital, NFL
, PGA Tour, PLAYERS INC, Pro Trade, Sporting News
, STATS, Inc., and Yahoo!
Current Board of Directors
Chairman: Clay Walker, Senior Vice President of PLAYERS INC
Additional members of the FSA Board of Directors include:
- Steve Byrd, Executive Vice President, STATS LLC
- Barry Dorf, Producer of EA Sports Fantasy Football, Electronic Arts
- Kenny Gersh, Vice President of Business......