First Data

First Data

Company
Company Less

First Data

to get instant updates about 'First Data' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
First Data Corporation is an American payment processing company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. First Data is a provider of electronic commerce and payment solutions. The company's portfolio includes merchant transaction processing services; credit, debit, private-label, gift, payroll and other prepaid card offerings; fraud protection and authentication solutions; electronic check acceptance services through TeleCheck; as well as Internet commerce and mobile payment solutions. The company's STAR Network offers PIN-secured debit acceptance at ATM and retail locations.

History

In 1969, the Mid-America Bankcard Association (MABA) was formed in Omaha, Nebraska, as a non-profit bankcard processing cooperative. Two years later, First Data Resources (FDR) incorporated in June to become a for-profit organization providing processing services to MABA. FDR had 110 employees and $222 million in annual revenues. First Data is an agglomeration of various cooperative associations which were initially established to provide credit card data processing services for member banks. These include Eastern States Bankcard Association; Atlantic States Bankcard Association; Southwestern States Bankcard Association; Mountain States Bankcard Association, and Western States Bankcard Association.

In 1980, American Express Information Services Corporation (ISC) bought 80% of FDR. The remaining 20% was purchased in 5% increments each subsequent year until June 1983. First Data Corporation spun off...
Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Company
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Zid
Zid
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from