The flag of Windsor, Ontario, was adopted in 1992. It contains the seal of the city in the upper left and a rose in the lower right, highlighting Windsor's alternate motto, "The Rose City"/"City of Roses." The city seal was replaced in 1992 by a corporate seal. The date of 1854 on the seal signifies the final date in which the railroad to Windsor was completely built and the city was formed by the amalgamation of several other settlements. It is also the date that it was founded as a town.