Brigadier General Frank Morehead Drew
(born October 10, 1930) was vice commander, U.S. Air Force Tactical Fighter Weapons Center, TAC, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
He retired on July 1, 1979.
General Drew was born in Salt Lake City
, Utah. He graduated from Beverly Hills High School
, California, in 1948. After attending Western Kentucky State College
for a year, he entered the United States Military Academy
, West Point, New York, and graduated in June 1953 with a bachelor of science degree and a commission in the U.S. Air Force
. He completed the U.S. Army Command and Staff College in 1964 and the National War College in 1971, and received his master of science degree from The George Washington University
, Washington, D.C., in 1971.
After graduation from the academy he attended pilot training and received his pilot wings at Williams Air Force Base, Arizona
, in 1954. He then attended F-86 combat crew training at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and while at Nellis was selected for assignment in January 1955 to the U.S. Air Force Academy, where he served as an air training officer for the next three years.
In December 1957 he was assigned as a flight commander in the 417th Fighter-Bomber Squadron of the 50th Fighter-Bomber Wing at Toul-Rosieres Air Base
, France, flying the F-86H and the F-100D. In January 1959 he was transferred to Incirlik Air Base
, Turkey, to organize an operations facility for command and control of Tactical Air Command fighter... Read More