The German West African Company, in German Deutsch-Westafrikanische Gesellschaft / Compagnie, was a German chartered company, founded in 1885. It exploited the two German protectorates in West Africa (Togo and Cameroon) but did not actually govern them — unlike its counterpart in German East Africa.
The German West African Company was established as a chartered company with a headquarters in Hamburg. The company was active in both Kamerun and Togoland. Following years of little profits, the company was absorbed by the German Empire on November 13, 1903.