is a village
in the Medway valley
. It is 1 mile (1.6 km) from the larger village of Hadlow
(of which it is part of the civil parish
) and from the town of Tonbridge.
Golden Green has a population of around 350. The village has no shops, schools or churches. The surrounding area is predominantly agricultural with fruit orchards and cereals as the principal crops. It stands on a ridge, with the River Medway
to the south and the River Bourne
to the north. Goldhill Mill is the only watermill on the Bourne that retains its machinery
. The village is popular with commuters and has many expensive houses. Barnes Street
hamlet is located immediately adjacent along the same minor road. The Bell Inn public house
is located in the village centre.
On 6 August 1924, Farman F.60 Goliath
of Air Union
was on a scheduled international passenger flight from Paris
when the port engine failed. A forced landing was made at Golden Green. One person amongst the pilot and five passengers on board was injured. The aircraft was dismantled to allow removal. It was later repaired and returned to service. In 1931, the aircraft was written off when it crashed shortly after taking off from Marden Airfield