The current Goldney House house was built in 1724, is a listed building and occupies a hilltop position overlooking the city of Bristol and Brandon Hill. The landscape garden is used for weddings and receptions.
The main house is a Grade II listed building. The house also contains an ornate mahogany parlour complete with original wooden paneling dating back to 1725 which is reserved for meetings and special events.
When the hall was gifted to the University of Bristol in 1953, the house was converted (completed in 1956) to home 19 female students and was a catered hall. This was reverted with the development of the new blocks.
The student accommodation blocks, built on a paddock within the gardens, were completed in their original form in 1969. This original development consisted of nine stand alone blocks in a quadrangle arrangement. A major award winning refurbishment The design was that of Bristol architects Alec... Read More