Government Houses of the British Empire and Commonwealth

Government Houses Of The British Empire And Commonwealth

Government Houses of the British Empire and Commonwealth

to get instant updates about 'Government Houses Of The British Empire And Commonwealth' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!


All Updates

Government House is the name given to some of the residences of Governors-General, Governors and Lieutenant-Governors in the Commonwealth and the British Empire. It serves as the venue for the Governor's official business, as well as the many receptions and functions hosted by the occupant. Sometimes, "Government House" is used as a metonym for the Governor or his office.

Government House is a residence for a governor; so now many Commonwealth nations without the British monarch as Head of State name their presidential palaces State House or President's House.

<!--When Queen Elizabeth II or a member of the Royal Family visits a Commonwealth nation, they will often stay at Government House, which is reflected in the Court Circular.-->


Read More

No feeds found

Posting your question. Please wait!...

No updates available.
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from