HMCS Fortune (MCB 151)
was a built for the Royal Canadian Navy
. Commissioned on 3 November 1954, she was named for Fortune Bay
. Displacing , the ship was long, had a beam of and a draught of . Propelled with a diesel engine, the vessel was armed with a single 40mm Bofors
gun and had a complement of 38 personnel.
After nine years of naval service, including acting as the flagship of the Second Minesweeping Squadron during the Cuban Missile Crisis
was decommissioned on 28 February 1964. Placed up for auction by the Crown Assets Corporation
,Canadian Shipping and Marine Engineering News
, Volume 37. Maclean Publishers, Toronto, Ontario, 1965. . the ship was then sold into mercantile service. The vessel was then refitted as the charter yacht MV Edgewater FortuneCanadian News Facts
, Volumes 5-6. Marpep Publishing, Toronto, Ontario, 1971. . and is now used for short cruises along the coast of British Columbia
. She is also occasionally used for fishing, and is commonly used for school trips to learn about the wildlife on the coast, and in the water.