The collection includes uniforms, armour, silver, medals and decorations, weapons, equipment and applied art. The archives date from 1657 and are of particular interest for 17th and 18th century militia and City of London matters.
The museum is located in Armoury House, City Road, EC1. Entrance is free. It is temporarily closed, but is due to reopen in October 2011.